Saturday 7 December 2013

Something That Made My Hair Curl

.... and not in a good way, either!

Last week, I had occasion to take something to the school for DD4 which she needed and had forgotten. The school has absolutely no mechanism for allowing children to collect (from a secure and controlled central point) any truly essential things which parents might need to drop off for them and even less interest in being acommodating; there is however a public right of way which runs through the campus,  so I merely arranged with DD4 to be in a specific spot at a specific place during her break and I met her, very quickly handed over what she needed and walked out....

On the way out, I saw a group of 6th form students walk back into school ready for the afternoon sessions. One girl was busily berating her boyfriend and I quote her loud statement verbatim:

"Well, you can't talk because you were the one who shared the f*****g photo of my f*****g tits to your f*****g friends all over England!"

Let me clarify: I was a total stranger, an adult walking through school grounds, where there were children around who were only aged 11 and 12, who could hear every word of this loud tirade. This young woman felt no hesitation in using foul language in public, regardless of the people around her, and seemed unconcerned about admitting to the world that she was perfectly happy to pose for topless photographs to be taken by her boyfriend, which does not give Mr or Mrs General Public a particularly good impression of her intelligence, common sense or her ability to choose a half-way decent boyfriend.

And this is the type of behaviour which is sadly all too common at the school my daughters attend. It is truly, truly terrifying.





1 comment:

DebD said...

I'm so sorry. It isn't any better on this side of the pond. The west is truly degrading itself further and further from common human decency.