Monday 6 October 2014

New Toy

I have a shiny new camera, which sports an optical X30 zoom lens. I am slowly learning the camera's capabilities, but here are some of the shots I have taken over the last few days:



The lampada in the icon corner




Moonrise in the late afternoon/early evening





The lych-gate of the parish church decorated for Harvest Festival




Close up of the preaching cross 
which you can see in the previous picture...




Shot through the locked gates of the church 
as the light was failing.




Look at the con-trail of the plane




And playing with the zoom lens to actually see the plane :-)





And a rather nice sunset to round it off


















4 comments:

www.susiehemingway.com said...

These photos are truly lovely. What a super new hobby and I know from previous pix you have the eye for it. I shall look forward to seeing more. Perhaps a flickr site to display them and keep them safe ?

elizabeth said...

very fun!

beautiful lampada... how do you keep it clean?

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Elizabeth, I generally cheat and use tea light candles in the votive glass. Warm water and washing up liquid work well to get the grime off the glass.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Thank you for the compliment, Susie! I will certainly look into setting up a Flickr account.